Tue Apr 22, 2014, 9:48 PM
Fueled by no sleep and too much caffeine, I finally got around to checking my GIMP Script-Fu "actions". I've received many messages over the years that they no longer work.
The good news is that I cannot find anything wrong with them. The Script-Fu scripts are still compatible with the latest version of GIMP—that is 2.8.10 at the time of this writing. The bad news is that it took me like five years to get around to checking out the problem, LOL And here I was thinking that I'd have to relearn the scripting language.
One of the problems could be that the directory path for the scripts in version 2.4 was Program Files/GIMP-2.4/share/gimp/2.0/scripts, but now in 2.8 it is Program Files/GIMP 2/share/gimp/2.0/scripts. It's not a major change, but I can see if someone was thrown off by the new name.
The biggest change is how to refresh the scripts. Originally in 2.4 you went to Xtns > Script-Fu > Refresh Scripts, but in version 2.8 it is now Filters > Script-Fu > Refresh Scripts.
This does not mean that there haven't been any problems. Just none that I am aware of. There may have been a version of GIMP that caused incompatibility with the .scm files. However, if anyone does have an issue, please give me more info to work with than, "it doesn't work." For example...
Are the scripts not showing at all under the Filters menu?
Are the scripts visible, but there is an error when they run? Do you get an error message?
What version of GIMP are you running?
Keep in mind that these are just a few basic things I'll need to know to be able to troubleshoot any problems you may encounter.
- I updated the location for all of the scripts within GIMP. They are now found under Filters > Color Effects > "name of pack".
- The original files in deviations for Reminisce and Dawn on dA have been updated.
- Script-Fu Color Effects was renamed to Script-Fu Basic Color Effects to avoid menu confusion.
- Due to upload errors, Script-Fu Soft Effects, Script-Fu Basic Effects, and Script-Fu Basic Color Effects (originally Script-Fu Color Effects) have been uploaded as new deviations.
- Script-Fu Soft Effects, Script-Fu Basic Effects, and Script Fu Basic Color Effects have brand new, more in-depth readmes.
gimp color effects packs
Journal CSS by ClaireJones
- Listening to: My Playlist